Tuesday, February 21, 2006

OK, I'm going to be completely honest. Today was one of those days where I didn't find my joy in being a homeschooling mom. I know you are surprised at my candor! Yeah, right! I still am battling the same problem I have battled for four years now. I am a perfectionist and my daughter is...well...not. I cannot stand it if my letters are not perfectly spaced and my math page must look like it just came out of teachers answer book. Camille, on the other hand, erases and re-erases and leaves half the original markings there and...OH! It just kills me! When I was her age if I didn't get 100% on my work, I was devastated. Camille is thrilled when she "only misses four!" WHAT? You've got to be kidding me! YOU MISSED FOUR!!! That is NOT perfect my little friend! Granted, ABeka math is advanced. It is much more advanced than Saxon Math. I looked at the book Camille would be in if I were to switch next year and she has already done almost all of it this year. Needless to say, we will stick with ABeka. Yes, I know most of you homeschool moms don't like ABeka and all the "busy" work but I think Camille is way ahead of the game when it comes to math thanks to ABeka. I think I am going to test her again in a few months from Hewitt Homeschooling Resources. I tested her last year through them and really liked the way the test was untimed and less stressful than a typical standardized test. Here I am rambling. My point in all of this is I had a stressful day. Caleb is home all week too which makes things more stressful than normal. To top that off my monthly friend showed up uninvited! I so want to be pregnant. [insert loud scream right here!] Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. No, tomorrow WILL be a better day.

No comments: