Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weddings, cakes and invites...oh my!

I went with my friend to look at wedding cakes today. The one she is getting is really simple and elegant. Then we went to look at some wedding invitations so I could have an idea of what she likes. I plan on making them myself. The only problem is my ink jet printer doesn't do such a great job on cardstock. Stephanie, how do I remedy that? Do you have a laser printer?

Olaf was officially announced as foreman today. Yes, he got the job. I couldn't post it until it had been announced to the world just in case some spy from Delta reads my blog. The shop he is taking over seems to be tough, but Olaf is cool and level-headed. He'll do well there I think. He didn't get a warm reception when he was introduced to the guys. I guess they want Olaf to earn their respect or something. He got a little pay raise, so that is good. A little is better than none. Now pray that Delta stays in business!:)

We are planning a wah retreat in November. We are meeting in Destin, Florida at this resort. Mari very kindly gave us her timeshare. Nothing like a weekend with women you have never met before but you KNOW they will become great friends in just hours. I can't wait to meet everyone. I hope some of the moderators can go, but everyone knows they are such snobs! (rolling eyes at their snobbishness-not at all jealous) I do think it would be great to meet Becky or Dana or Heather. I already know I'm meeting Cheri in October because I am going to stalk her. I know where her daddy is a pastor here in my hometown, so if she refuses to visit me...I'm stalking! In all honesty, I have made some wonderful friends via the internet. It will truly be a blessing for me to meet these women. I feel so blessed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

blessedmama said...

congrats to dh!!!
i wish i could go to the wah meeting! sounds so fun!

Anonymous said...

Haydn (3) is in love with the Narnia passport! Thank you, Misty. He "reads" it to me. His fave is the lion and the cyclops. Cannot wait to see this movie!!!

Stephanie said...

Hi there! Depending on what kind of cardstock I'm using I use my ink jet - I just find it gives a good solid color. But for some, I use what is actually a wax printer - it lays down a layer of wax ink instead of laser. (However, the wax printer ONLY takes 8 1/2 x 11 paper so anything different I have to crop down and resize so sometimes that is a pain).

Let me know if I can help anymore... :) And way to go on planning the W@H retreat - it sounds great.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I would love to meet you, Misty, even though I haven't been a mod in months. ;)