Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Narnia

Have I mentioned that our family (especially Olaf) are big Chronicles of Narnia fans? The movie, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" is coming out December 9th and Olaf has volunteered with two different organizations to help promote the movie. This Friday night he is going to MegaFest (shaddup!) to work a Narnia booth there. The traffic is going to be absolutely horrendous, but he'll get a free Narnia T-Shirt! LOL! If you want more info on the movie, go here. It's a great site. Did you know our cat's names are Aravis and Shasta from the book "A Horse and His Boy" from the Chronicles of Narnia? We have the audio series from Focus on the Family Entertainment too. We listen to them often in the car. I cannot wait for the movie to come out. If you haven't read the books, you really need to.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I am reading these for the very first time right now! I looooove them. Can't wait for the movie to come out!!!

Cheri said...

Well, see, um it's like this...I've never read them, and (shhhh) I've never wanted to. BUT Donald is a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of them and wants the boys to read them...so I suppose that means I will be too (and I will probably like them...I've just never thought I would) BUT the boys will not be seeing the movie. LOL They saw the preview today and the Lion biting the screen pretty much did Daniel in regarding seeing it. So it looks like Donald is on his on for the viewing. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely cannot wait for Narnia!!!!

Anonymous said...

PS and this will be the first movie Haydn sees in theater. I can't wait to take him!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the chroniles. i have read the series 2x's. i just bought the series all combined into the thick book today. i'm starting it tonight if i can keep it away from zak, who also wants to reread it. can't wait for the movie to open.

our all church retreat in june was about the chonicles--it was fantastic.