Thursday, August 18, 2005

OK, OK...this Monday for sure

I really will start my diet on Monday. Really! I promise. But right now, this soft, frosted sugar cookie is so delicious. SO worth it. My visitor should arrive in the next few days and I am really NEEDING this cookie. Monday for sure:)

Tomorrow Camille will be gone a good portion of the day for Molly's birthday. They are going swimming and out to lunch. I will miss her. She isn't away very often and my heart is sad when she is gone. So, it will just be me and the littles tomorrow until Caleb gets home from school. That will be nice though. I can spend some fun time just playing with them and not worrying about getting school done. And speaking of my dear sweet daughter, can you please comment at her blog. She is getting discouraged that no one comments. Heh-I know that feeling too. (Am I guilting anyone to comment?) I lurve Heather because she leaves comments for me. (Personally I think she is just waiting for a Narnia poster, but that is between you and me.)

No one has any great ideas for my husband's birthday?? C'mon ladies. I need a little help.

I got my An Encouraging Word magazine today. I really like that magazine. I only read two magazines because I just don't have the time for others. I read An Encouraging Word and Homeschool Digest. They are both put out by the same publisher and both so convicting. I cannot recommend them enough. If you buy a subscription you can give a subscription to a friend for free. $18.00 for two subs is well worth every penny.

Did you know that Janet Paschal has cancer? I recently found out about that. And did you know about Wes King having lymphoma? All these young people getting cancer... Maybe it has always been this way, we just notice it more now. I am just so grateful for each day the LORD allows me to live and see my children grow up. What a blessing. However, better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere. (Some of you are singing right now!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Cheri said...

comment

heh! :) Well I do read, but I'm rarely commenting anywhere, girl I don't even know which way is up lately, most days. :) Frosted sugar cookie, maybe. A double doozie from great american cookie company. OH YEAH! I didn't know about Janet Pascal or Wes King. :( Have a good day my friend [and I'm in it for the poster for sure ::giggles::]

Stephanie said...

I had heard about Wes King, but then I live in Nashville where he is so stuff like that surfaces probably quicker . . . have a great day with your kiddos! :)

Charity said...

Okay, okay, I'm leaving a comment so you'll still be my friend!! That sugar cookie sounds great, but I just made some fabulous banana muffins, and that's the closest I'll get to a sugar cookie these days. :P Hope you have a good day with the little ones. My mom really missed seeing you this time, she was bummed we didn't have Bible study. Maybe you should come over! Calling you in a minute.....

Anonymous said...

Ha! Where would I even PUT a Narnia poster? On haydn's wall, I guess. Or in hubby's office? The youth building? I dunno.

I just like YOU Misty, girl!