Wednesday, August 24, 2005

25 or 6 to four

Just wanted to get song lyrics stuck in your head. If you don't know that song I'll add a little more...

Starin' blindly into space
Getting up to splash my face
Wanting just to stay awake
Wonderin' how much I can take
Should I try to do some more
Twenty five or six to four

and why did Chicago sing about time? Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care about time? If so, I can't imagine why. We've all got time enough to cry.

If you are like me, you will be singing those songs the rest of tonight and most of tomorrow. If Dana reads this she is going to hate me.

Day two of weight watchers. I must say, I'm not used to NOT eating. It's an adjustment, however I'm doing pretty good. I think I'll lose about two pounds this week if I keep it up. It sure is a lot easier to gain this weight than it is to lose it. I'd love a bag of Cheddar Chex Mix and a Samuel Adams, but that ain't happening!:) Which reminds me, I need to update my weight loss blog.

My 20th high school reunion was last weekend. I wonder how it went. I was thinking of going, but a trip to Oregon is just out of the question right now. Do you know I have not seen my mother for FIVE years. Last time I saw her she was 62 years old. Now she is 67. She will not come out and visit us (she is afraid to fly and will not leave her dogs.) She has never seen my last two children (because the dogs are more important) and Caleb and Camille were 4 years old the last time we went to Oregon. How incredibly sad. She is missing out on so much, but she is such a bitter woman that I have to pity her.

Nothing else special to write about today. So, I'll just sign out with my new title!

-The Godfather

2 comments:

Kim said...

Whenever I get PMS induced insomnia, I will wake up with a song in my head that I wasn't actually thinking about before bed, but may have heard earlier in the day. Sometimes, it's a song one of my kids have been listening to. At least the last time, it was a song I liked.

I'm so sorry that your mother doesn't want to come for a visit. I think the only reason mine comes is because my dad makes her.

Amy Jo said...

*shaking head sadly*

You might want to see someone about those issues you have, Misty...