Saturday, August 13, 2005

My cookies turned out pretty good. Not as good as Mrs. Pitts, but good none the less.

I walked this morning in Villa Rica at in my team captain's neighborhood. I really like her, but she has no idea what the word "flat" means. I have walked there once before and was amazed at the different definitions of "flat." Her neighborhood is like walking in San Francisco! The only flat spot was the three step in between going up and going down. We walked a little over three hours and then I had to stop. I wore my old shoes and am now convinced that I will not be able to wear them on the walk. I had planned on wearing my new shoes on days 1 and 3, and my old shoes on day two. Ain't happenin'. Tomorrow we are going to Callaway Gardens and while my family plays on the beach, I am going to walk. I'd like to get in at least 10 miles tomorrow as well.

Caleb started baseball again this morning. Unfortunately I will not be able to make any of his games until after the walk. Saturday mornings are my only day to get in the high miles. I know that he gets a home run at every at bat though. Always has, always will. Olaf said it was pure chaos today. He cannot coach due to my walk, so the new woman hadn't a clue how to handle all these mentally challenged children. Caleb being one of the most hyper of the bunch!

Anyone have any great ideas on what to get my husband for his birthday? I never know what to get him. I am having a flag flown at the nation's capital on his birthday. They send you the flag and the certificate saying that it was flown in honor of you and the reason. Very cool. He is a history buff, likes to garden, loves Narnia, likes Lionel trains. I'd like to get him something out of the ordinary though.

WOW! It's late. I need to go to bed. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Dear Mrs.Misty, I am glad your cookies turned out good. I need some help. All my blinkies,tagboared,pictures,ect. They are all down at the bottom of the screan. You need to tell me how to put all that stuff at the top. Oh and thanks for letting me come over today.
Thanks,
Molly
Catherine
Terrell