Sunday, August 28, 2005

I walked 14.3 miles yesterday with Misty. I weighed myself this morning and I have actually GAINED weight since starting Weight Watchers last Monday. How depressing! Anyway, I have two blisters from walking. One of which I will not be able to do anything about on the 3-Day. It is in a spot that you cannot cover with moleskin nor bandage up. It's in the crevice between the bottom of my toes and the start of the ball of my foot. Maybe a different pair of socks would make it better?? I plan on walking a bit today, so I'll see how it feels.

We were going to go to Callaway Gardens today but there is about a 50% chance for rain. Olaf will do the bathroom floor instead. (Hopefully!) Right now he is playing with the children and the house is obnoxiously loud! In a good way though... They love their Papa. I think Olaf is just a big kid sometimes. He enjoys playing as much as they do.

I am looking forward to the beginning of the Fall Season of TV. Just for two shows. I love The Amazing Race and Survivor. This time on The Amazing Race they have family teams of four. I'm not sure if I will like that as well, but we'll see. And Survivor should be interseting living among the ancient ruins of the Mayans. I hope an old person wins!

Time to go eat something low in points. Maybe some whole wheat toast with Amish butter. Hmmm...I wonder why I gained weight this week??

3 comments:

Charity said...

Wow, great for you that you walked so much! Sorry about the blisters, though, hope they get better. I know what you mean about Olaf. Sometimes I think Nate had kids just so he'd have an excuse to act like one again! Oh, are you coming to Ladies of Grace? Hope to see you there. :)

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine that ran the Nashville marathon said that if you rub your feet completely with vasaline (really goop it on) that it helps with rubbing and blisters. Just passing along what I've heard, but maybe that will help!

Misty said...

Blisters... Ugh. My two littlest toes on both feet are blistered too. I'm sure I could have made it farther if not for that. I'm trying the moleskin idea next time.
Amazing Race is the best reality show!! But I'm not sure I'm going to like the family teams as well either. You do realize, that we are going to miss the 3rd week of Survivor due to the walk, don't you?