Friday, August 12, 2005

Mrs. Pitts' Cookies

There is nothing better than eating a batch of my friend's chocolate chip cookies. I have her recipe, but mine never turn out as good as hers. I'm not sure why. Every year for my birthday I ask for an entire BATCH of her cookies. That's all I want. And to be honest, I don't share many of them either. So, as I patiently wait for my two sticks of butter to come to room temperature, I thought I'd blog. For Tammy!:)

I am starting back on Weight Watchers on Monday. There really is something psychological for me having to start on Monday. I wonder why. Anyway, this Monday I am back on points. My friend has asked me to stand up with her as she gets married, so I must lose this poundage. I am so honored that she would ask me at all. At first it was just going to be her three children in the wedding, but then the groom-to-be wanted his two adult sons in it as well. And that, well, made it all uneven!:) So I am there to even things out a bit! This is the second marriage for both of them. The event will take place November 19th outside. The bride will wear this. Yes, in Navy. It will look fabulous on her! We are not sure of the dress I will wear, but it may possibly be this.

I am so tired today. I have been getting up at 6:00 am, when Olaf leaves the house, to get Caleb on the bus. During the summer I slept in with Josiah. Olaf would fix Caleb breakfast before he left for work and then turn the TV on. Caleb would watch TV in the living room while I slept in. Well, welcome back to reality darlin'. I guess Grace woke up crying last night and I didn't even wake up! That NEVER happens.

Olaf has been busy trying to adjust to his new world as foreman. He has a pager now and I can bug him at any time. Gotta love that!:) Nothing like being in a meeting and your wife is paging you with, "Hey, can you pick up some milk on your way home!"

Off to feel the butter. Hopefully it's soft. I doubt it though. Just like a watched pot never boils...felt up butter never softens.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Yay for Tammy's cookies, I've tried to make them too, to no avail. Hope yours turned out great. You will look fabulific in that dress. I'm working on Nate about the W@H retreat, I think he's leaning towards it! :)