Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sponsor Me Please!

People have stopped giving. I guess since I don't "need" anymore money people don't feel as compelled to give. That kind of sucks. If you haven't sponsored me yet, but were going to prior to me making the $2,100 mark, please consider sponsoring me. The money goes toward a great cause. And speaking of that, have you done your monthly self exam? If not, get to it! The article about me is not online. I guess it's not considered "real" news.

I am going walking this Saturday morning with my team captain, Tammy Redding. I am driving to her neighborhood in Villa Rica. I have never met her in person but have talked on the phone and e-mailed her a good bit. She seems incredibly sweet. She has U2 tickets that she is raffling off as a fundraiser for our team. Let me know if you're interested in that. The two shows that U2 is doing here sold out in mere hours. You had to do a lottery just to stand in line! She is selling 500 tickets max. $5 per ticket or 5 tickets for $20. That will basically sponsor one walker without doing any other fundraising. She also has Braves tickets at the dugout level she is raffling. Well, go here and click on "items for sale."

As for other news, we are poor. We really got off our budget and it shows. Tomorrow is payday and I am happy! I have to run to the grocery store before Bible Study tonight and get some milk and bread. I can write a hot check because the money will be there tomorrow morning. So essentially it isn't really "hot." Just kind of warm.

Camille is doing well in school thus far. It's still mostly review, but only a few tears have been shed. Not bad for a whole WEEK! LOL! She excels in math. No doubt about that. She loves to read fiction and is currently reding Anne of Avonlea. The girl devours books. I started teaching her some map reading skills this morning. We also took out the globe and talked about the continents and oceans. This year she is supposed to learn all the state capitals. I don't even know them all. I think I learned them at one point in my life but have since forgotten all of them. But hey, I can sing the Preamble!

I need a new bra. I only buy them here. They are so comfy. I found them while pregnant with Grace and cannot wear anything else now. I even sleep in them. They were easy to nurse in as well. Anyone have suggestions as what to wear for shorts (not undies) while I walk? I have been wearing my denim capris or denim shorts. I am very modest and shorts HAVE to come within 2 inches of my knee. They can't be fitted either. Like no spandex or anything that sticks to my skin. Suggestions??

Tomorrow is Friday! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Misty, I really wish I could sponsor you, but our money is so tight right now... especially after me losing 4 days of work thanks to the hurricane (I'm an independent contractor w/my music). I WILL be praying for you, though!!!