Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sick cat


We awoke this fine Sunday morning to a very sick cat. I took Shasta to the Emergency Vet this morning. He has some sort of infection with a very high fever. He is very lethargic and just looks pitiful. They did blood work, a feline leukemia test, pushed fluids through an IV, and gave him an injection of antibiotics. They also sent antibiotics home for the next 10 days. $300 later and Olaf isn't too happy. They wanted to keep him overnight, but I have to take Cami to rising lessons tomorrow morning and just didn't want to have to drive to Union City (about 45 minutes away) to pick the cat up. I think he is more comfortable here anyway. If he doesn't get better in the next day I will take him to our regular vet.

After the cat incident this morning, we decided to make the drive to the Mall of Georgia. We never go to the mall because, well, it's the mall. But we also wanted to do something as a family that had air conditioning. It took 1.5 hours to get there and we stayed for about an hour. You can't go into stores with four small children and enjoy yourself if you know what I mean.

I walked about 8 miles or so on Saturday. It was fun meeting Tammy and Cindy. I do have some slight shin splints today though. I walked in my new shoes and only had a few hot spots on my feet. Before my walk next Saturday I plan on using moleskin on my hot spots and see if that makes a difference. And Tammy had this shirt on. So as soon as I got home, I went and bought one too! I am so original! I also bought this. And this too! And these. Fun, fun, fun! And check out our team website. It has been updated.

Tomorrow is Monday...ahhh the joy!

3 comments:

Kim said...

We have had sick cats before. It is soooo expensive for the drugs and stuff. One of our cats who has since passed away had feline lupus. He lost all his hair, had sensitive skin. It was awful.

Anonymous said...

So, how is your cat today? I hope he is better!!

It looks as if I will be in Atlanta Ga October 14 & 15 for a retreat. I will be with others so I don't know if I could get away but if we can't visit - I'm sure we'll be back again at Cmas to see the hubby's family!

Anonymous said...

Hope Shasta is feeling better today! Love, Suzanne :-)