Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yet another tornado warning

Two days ago a tornado touched down about 15 miles away from my house. It did significant damage to people's homes, but thankfully noone was hurt. And here I sit in yet another tornado warning. Yes, we took shelter in the basement as instructed, but it has moved far enough away that we are safe now. I feel like I am in Kansas.

We went to Lowe's today and looked at the different types of drop ceiling tiles that can go in a basement. Since we really don't know anything about finishing a basement, it was futile. Even Olaf admitted that he had no idea what he was looking at. Thank God for contractors.

We also went and looked at a home that is for sale. It is a lovely home with 5 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. The landscaping is gorgeous and the lot is the best in the neighborhood. The price was great as well. It just wasn't big enough for me to be motivated to prepare my house to sell. Just the thought of getting this house ready is overwhelming! So, finishing the basement is still the best option at this point. We got one estimate today. $15,000 for everything. There is no way the finished basement will add $15,000 to the value of our home, but that is just something we have to deal with. If this is going to be our "forever" home (and I am totally fine with that) then we'll just have to eat the cost.

I am hungry. I think I am going to have a bowl of cereal.

No comments: