Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bragging a little

I am going to brag about my wonderful husband for the next paragraph. If you don't want to read it because it will make you jealous, or worse make you want to hire a hit man for me so you can marry him, then please don't continue reading...

This is Father's Day weekend and right now my husband is sleeping in. Well, trying. Our house isn't huge and I'm sure, despite my best efforts, that the children's voices have woken him up on a few occasions. Do you know that every morning (this morning included) when Caleb wakes up at 5:00 am Olaf is the one who gets up, wipes Caleb's rear end, feeds him and plops him in front of the TV. Then he goes into the garage where our two cats spend the night and puts them in a carrier so they won't scratch on the door and wake me up. This morning he got to go back to bed because it's the weekend, but most mornings he heads off to work at 6:15. I am so blessed to have a man that is not only willing to do those wonderful things for me, but he wants to. He wants to be a good husband and father. He wants to see me happy. There are so many times when I lash out verbally and deserve a good whooping in return...but never. He never gives it to me. He is a rare gem of a man. I am so happy he's mine.

No comments: