Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

It's Sunday already. ::heavy sigh:: Friday I took Josiah to the pediatrician because his heart just beats out of his chest and it's really fast. They hooked him up to the pulse oximeter for a few minutes to get some readings. His heartrate started out at 119 but went up to about 135. His O2 sat went from 100% down to 97%. She thought it would be a good idea to get an EKG so she sent me over to the clinic at 4:00 pm on Friday. Needless to say, noone was there! The only reason the nurse was there to do the EKG was my pediatrician called beforehand. They hooked my little guy up to 10 leads that are made for adults. It took up his entire chest. They handed me the readout and I made my way back to the pediatrician's office to drop it off. She did a preliminary read and said it looked "pretty good" but she is going to give it to the pediatric cardiologist to look at. Just pray that everything is OK with my little man.

We went to Kohl's today to get Josiah some new sneakers. My children only have one pair of shoes, and it's sneakers. However, one of Josiah's got lost. Don't ask me how...I really do not know. In the meantime he was wearing Grace's shoes. They weren't too girly, but you could tell they weren't "boy" shoes. So we bought him a new pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals too. I also bought him two Thomas T-Shirts. He saw them and wanted to put them on then and there! Oh, speaking of Thomas, yesterday I bought Josiah some Thomas underwear at Target. He wanted to put them on immediately, so I told him that he couldn't pee pee in them. It was so funny when he finally did go pee all over the place. It scared him to death! He jumped up and said, "Uh Oh! Jo-shi-sha is wet!" Then he proceeded to tell me he wanted a diaper. He is so cute.

Karen's husband sent me an update this morning. Take a peek and say a prayer.

There is an orientation for the Atlanta 3 Day Walk this Wednesday up by the airport. I think I may go! If I register for this walk I will need major help in attaining my goal of $2,100 in order to participate.

I need to run. Olaf is jealous.

2 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Wow, the news on Karen is really wonderful - little tiny miracles all along the way. It's good to read about that hope - still praying!!!

Anonymous said...

Just praid for Josiah