Saturday, June 25, 2005

Saturday in the Park

You'd think it was the Fourth of July. (Which it almost is!) It is now legal to have fireworks in GA! Can you believe it? My children will have a blast with the sparklers this year. That's all we're buying.

Olaf and his friend Tim worked on our front entrance today. Our foundation sunk several inches and we had to have Olshan come and literally jack up the entire garage. In order to do that properly they had to jackhammer out a portion of our front steps that lead into our home. Those steps had sunk about 18 inches anyway due to the foundation sinking. Needless to say, if we used the front door at all, that last step into the house was a dooser! Here is a picture of the before:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't have an after picture to post yet.

Karen has blood clots in her legs now. They didn't change her chemo though. Her little girl turns four today.

I haven't had a donation on my 3-Day website for a few days now. I guess since I reached my minimum people don't feel as obligated to give. I'd love to raise $5,000 before its all said and done.

I found a new wine I really like. ::GASP!:: Yes, I said wine! It's Sutter Home Moscato. It's a white wine that is very sweet. For all you wine drinkers out there, please tell me your favorite wine in the comment section. I don't know a lot about wine, but I'd like to learn. For all you grape juice drinkers, you can just say hi!

Tomorrow we plan on going to Callaway Gardens. Olaf is going to go to the beach with the children and I am going to go for a long training walk. I would like to do 6 miles. That is two hours of walking. Or there abouts....

We watched "50 First Dates" last night. Way too many references to sex and body parts. I cannot recommend it. Whatever happened to lovely, clean movies like "Anne of Green Gables?" They are few and far between now-a-days. It was PG-13. I cannot believe that 13 year old children understand the sexual references in those movies. That is horrible! In not of, in not of, in not of...

Olaf is still outside trying to finish that entrance. It's 7:46 pm. He is losing sunlight.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Hi (just call me Welch's :)

The entrance way looks awesome!!!

I actually liked 50 First Dates (enough to watch it twice lol) I am.so.not.an.Adam.Sandler. fan AT ALL and I think that I watched it with him and actually thought it cute was what got me. LOL (I also made some spiritual references, which really when you can make spiritual references again with Adam Sandler it's an amazing thing LOL)

Enjoy your walk. I miss Callaway and all those lovely walking trails.

Anonymous said...

the sad thing is, most 13 years olds do get the references, I did anyway when I was that age