Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's late

but I have to update about the whole dentist thing. I go in and pay my balance of $250 thinking "praise be to God! This is my last dental appointment." So. wrong. My crown doesn't fit. So after drilling and smashing and fitting and drilling some more and smashing some more...I need to come back at the end of July. And you know what's even worse? My THROAT hurts. I think I am allergic to something at the dentist office. Maybe the junk they use for impressions, maybe the nasty suction tube they jam down my throat, maybe the latex??? Because if you remember, my first throat infection was one week after my last dental appointment. Coincidental? I think not.

I updated Karen's page with a photo of her children. SO precious. Then I updated my fundraising page with a photo of Karen and her family. She went to the oncologist today because she is not doing well with the Xeloda that she is taking. She has some tremors and sores in her mouth. She is going in very early tomorrow for a pet scan, a appointment with the GI doctor, and to have some fluid drained out of her abdomen. I don't think anything will require a hospital stay. Her oncologist may change her chemo but they don't know yet. Ms. Mike (Karen's Mom) was at Bible Study tonight and seemed OK. I cannot imagine what she is going through. What is worse than seeing your youngest child die of cancer? Her faith is amazing though. She knows the God in whom she serves. She gave me a check for the 3-Day walk tonight. That put me over my minimum of $2,100. I can officially walk the 3-Day! But please, don't let the fact that I raised my minimum keep you from giving. Every dollar is very much appreciated. Speaking of walking...

I went out in the heat of the day today to do a short walk. I don't know what the weather is going to be like for the walk and I thought I better get used to walking in the heat. Well, I did two miles in the afternoon sun and I felt pretty yucky when I came in. The heat and I just don't get along. I need to get my body used to that though. It is still going to be fairly hot when I walk. I also found another woman who lives locally that is doing the 3-Day. We are going to meet July 9th to walk together. Maybe we'll do 6-10 miles.

OK, it's 11:25 pm. Olaf is already in bed, so I need to get my rear going.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Hey, great to see you last night as always. You're right about Miss Mike, I can't imagine what she is going through, but she just emanates quiet peace and faith. What in inspiration. Have a great weekend.