Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's back

Well, after the antibiotics have worn off, my throat infection is back. Just my right tonsil. I will call the doctor tomorrow and try to get an appointment. I am not sure why it won't go away. I would have thought that Z-Pak would have taken care of it. So much for prescribing my own meds.

Karen was admitted to the hospital today. She was vomiting blood and also had blood in her stool. They did some procedure today where they banded her esophogus or some such thing. They think the bleeding is coming from there somehow. I'll update on Karen's blog when Darren e-mails me. Krista (Karen's sister) said they thought she would be in the hospital until Friday at least.

Tomorrow I am going up for an orientation for the 3 Day Walk. I will probably register then. It's from 6:30-8:00 pm by the airport in Atlanta. The registration fee is $90 and that doesn't count toward my $2,100 that I have to raise. I am hoping that someone else who lives down here has also registered for the walk. I'd like to get to know someone prior to the event or it will be a lonesome three days. I read tonight that we have to bring our own sleeping bag and air mattress/pad. What I really want to know is can I go home and sleep? Honestly! I cannot sleep in a sleeping bag! I HATE camping with every ounce of being that is within me. I absolutely despise it. Sharing a tent with someone I don't know is just gross to me. I am hoping that Olaf can pick me up at tent city and drop me off the next morning. Or I can walk to a nearby hotel!:) That would even be better. I don't like to share hotel rooms either. I have been to conferences before and I will only share a hotel with one other person and that is because I have to. It's too darn expensive to stay alone. Some of these women at the conference would stay 4-6 to ONE room. Oh, that is SO not me. I like having "my" space. Am I spoiled or what??

Camille started watching "Little Anne" tonight. Little Anne is a dog that lives down the street. She looks just like our dog, Ella. The owners are in Daytona Beach for a few days. They have an above ground pool in their backyard and said we could use it if we wanted to. So our entire family went and got in the pool this evening for an hour or so. It was fun. The children enjoyed it a lot. None of my children can swim so we all just jumped around a little. Of course we had to hold Josiah and Grace the entire time because it was too deep for them to stand. Caleb had a blast sticking his head under the water though. I was praying the entire time, please Lord don't let him have a seizure in this pool!

I am excited about going to Disney next year.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I hope I am not pregnant because I really want to ride the rides this time! That sounds SO selfish. You know I'll be thrilled if I am pregnant, but the last time we were there I was 35 weeks pregnant and very swollen. It was not fun walking around like that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Totally understand about the whole camping/hotel thing - I'm a space girl myself . . . with the exception of Travis. :-)

Cheri said...

oh my goodness what a brat. ROTFLOL Too good to sleep in a tent, too good to share a room. WHAT are you going to have someone else do the actual walking while they carry you on one of those beds? ROTFLOL (just kidding girlie) Sounds like the kids had a blast at the pool, if they are like mine it wore them out and they will sleep well tonight. YAY. I'm counting the days to Disney too. I can't wait!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can sleep in a sleeping bag, as long as it is lying (laying?) on top of my bed at home with the a/c running!! You go Misty!!