Saturday, June 04, 2005

Feeling better

My tonsil is doing better, however I think it is forming a crevice. The spot that was black is now forming a hole in my tonsil! GRODY! It isn't sore anymore and my lymph node seems to be less swollen. I guess it really was bacterial and the antibiotics are helping. (In case you didn't know, I put myself on antibiotics...not the doctor)

Olaf finished the concrete work for the new landing and steps that he is building. He was outside for about 9 hours and got a 3'X 3" section done. He wrote into the wet concrete Deut 6:4-9. He also wrote Olaf *hearts* Misty. How sweet!

I think I will take Camille to see Madagascar tomorrow. Grace wants to go too but she has never been to the theater. I hope it isn't too scary for her. My children have never liked loud noises. Now, they themselves are VERY loud. But vacuums and blow dryers have scared every single one of my children.

It looks like Karen is going to have a chemo that will not make her hair fall out. She has a type of cancer that responds well to a less invasive chemo than the "Red Devil." She starts next Thursday, so pray for her and her family. She didn't cut off her hair in hopes that she can keep it!

I got Josiah's hair cut yesterday. He looks cute. I tried to take his picture but you couldn't really see his hair cut.

Off to eat some popcorn and drink a Diet Pepsi! Have a great weekend...

5 comments:

Cheri said...

www.screenit.com is an awesome resource for movie reviews. Good news on your throat and how awesome that Karen is not having to take 'red devil' Dana said it is truly worth of it's name. =( Wooty on yalls landing being done. :)

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Glad your throat is getting better - continuing to pray for you, and also for your friend Karen!

I thought I was subbed to you, but then my Bloglines went nutso on me. So I've got you back on the list again. Whew! So, sorry I haven't been around much.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Praying for karen.

I love what you wrote about Olaf and the landing. How very sweet.

Stephanie said...

Hope the movie was fun! We have free movie tickets around here somewhere and I think we're going to take Noelle to see it - she's majorly into animals... :) Glad you are feeling better, too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Hope you have a GREAT day! Love, Suzanne