Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ahhh, silence!

Olaf took the children to Bruster's so I am here alone. Somtimes it's so nice to not to hear the constant chaos that echos behind me. Don't get me wrong. I am SO thankful for my children and the chaos that ensues, but sometimes it's nice to bask in silence too.

Olaf's aunt called today from Germany. She wants to come out in August and stay TWO WEEKS! ARRRGGHH! Two weeks!?! I am quite certain that she will not want to stay that long once she gets here. She has never been married and has no children. I think the children will drive her crazy. I have never met her either. She speaks English OK but she doesn't like to. Olaf speaks German with her on the phone. He cannot take any time off while she is here, so I sure hope she decides to speak English! She is also a BIG TIME smoker! Yuck! We have already told her that she cannot smoke in the house. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke and just having her in the house with that awful smell lingering on her is going to kill me. Oh Lord, give me the grace to show her YOUR hospitality. I would love her to see YOU in our home! (She is not a Christian and thinks we are in a cult.)

Karen has some tests and starts chemo tomorrow. Please keep her in you prayers.

Yesterday I called Cheri to wish her a Happy Birthday! Oh, she is so cute! She sounds like such a Southern Belle! She made fun of me for saying "pardon." She said I should say, "What'd you sayeee?" LOL! I love you Cheri!

Maybe I will go read a chapter of Anne of Green Gables. Camille finished it and gave it to me to read. It's a lovely book!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you all to have a good visit with Olaf's aunt. She cannot help but see God in your home Misty, and we'll be praying she open to letting him into her heart.

My sister was here a few weeks ago and she smokes. We told she had to go outside in one spot. It rained the whole time she was here and she's go out with an umbrella. It was funny to watch, but I had no sympathy.

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Ohhh LOL I love that line "I think the children will drive her crazy." LOL

That ice cream place sounds yummy. I've never seen one of those.

Charity said...

Misty, hope Olaf's aunt's visit goes smoothly and she does see the Lord in your home and in your family. I'm sure she will. Your commitment to your family and you and Olaf's commitment to each other is such a great testimony. I won't be at Bible study tonight, I'll be putting down earnest money on my new house, YAY!! Once we get moved in, we can have Bible study over there sometimes. Have a great day!

blessedmama said...

hey sweetie! that's so cool you called cheri!!
huggies!

Cheri said...

ewwww all I can say is ewwww to Sprayberrys, ew, ew, ew. :) I like Country's in Columbus or Sonny's. I LOVE Johnny Browns in Hogansville. But ewwww on Sprayberrys LOL :)