Thursday, May 03, 2007

Update on Olaf's abdominal pain

After examining Olaf and hearing his symptoms, the nurse practioner called in the doctor. Good for her! The doctor listed off several things that it could be which included cancer. Ah, lovely. For now they are doing a blood test for H. Pylori and treating him with Protonix and Alinia in case it is Giardia (which it isn't in my opinion). They scheduled an endoscopy for July 9th and if that is ok then they will do a ultrasound of his gallbladder. I get to worry until then.

I had to pick Caleb up from school this morning. He has pink eye. Thankfully the pediatrician's office called in some eye drops for him without seeing him. He should be able to go back to school tomorrow morning. Olaf put him on the bus this morning so I didn't even see his eye. I didn't get to sleep until about 5:00 am, so when the school called at 8:00 I was sound asleep. Now I am pretty miserable just from not sleeping. I need a nap, but that won't happen with Caleb at home.

I'm so ready to meet Simon. I wish he were as eager to meet me.

No comments: