Sunday, May 06, 2007

Baby Euphoria

I still can't sleep. I am just too in love with Simon. I nurse him all the time because I love it. My milk is in and my boobs are no longer saggy, just huge. He is a little jaundiced, but not too bad. I don't let anyone else hold him too often, but I let Olaf last night:



The children adore him and want to be near him. Josiah keeps saying "He's so cute" over and over and over... Grace keeps saying "I am so happy we have another baby!" Camille is in love and just wants to hold him. Caleb is the only one that isn't as interested, but that is okay.

I had two visitors in the hospital. Krista and her mom, Miss Mike, came for a few minutes. I am not a big fan of visitors when the baby comes (in the hospital or at home). Mostly because of germs/sicknesses. But they were so kind to come and stay just a few minutes. Miss Mike prayed for all of us which was very kind. Krista brought me a this, which is too adorable.

The birth went great. My water broke at 3:30 am Friday as I was rolling over in bed. I got up and took a quick shower to wash the grease out of my hair:) We arrived at the hospital around 4:30. Asked for my IV so I could get an epidural even though my contractions weren't bad at all. Got an epidural around 7:00 am but it only took on my right side. I felt everything on my left side. They came back and tried to back the catheter out a little which seemed to work at first. However, as labor progressed I felt my left side again. I asked a nurse to check me because I was deciding whether or not to have the epidural reinserted. They were getting painful. She checked me at 11:00 and said, "Oh dear! His head is right here!" They had to call the doctor so we waited about half an hour for him to show up. Two contractions later, Simon was born. The nursing staff was fabulous for the full 24 hours. They left us alone for at least two hours after Simon's birth. It was just Olaf, Simon and me in the delivery room. When they transferred us to the Mom/Baby ward, they were just as respectful. They only came in about every three or four hours to check Simon and myself. The OB came in early Saturday morning and discharged me. Within minutes of my discharge, Simon's doctor came in a discharged him. We had to wait a full 24 hours though to do his PKU test. Exactly at 11:40 on Saturday, they did his PKU and we were headed home.

Olaf is having a bad stomach day today. He is in a lot of pain. The medicine is not working. I have no idea what is wrong with him, but it scares me.

No comments: