Friday, May 18, 2007

Two weeks ago...

Can you believe my baby is two weeks old? His cord fell off a few days ago, so I put a cloth diaper on him today. He looks so cute with that big fat rear that only a cloth diaper can give.



He still looks jaundiced to me. It may even be getting worse. If he continues to get yellow I will take him in for a blood draw on Monday. I think he hit his birth weight today as well. I am certain the formula has helped him gain the weight. He takes about 6 ounces in a 24 hour period. It doesn't seem like much, but it has made a difference. He has gained about an ounce a day since I started supplementing. Josiah was totally formula fed by six months. Once he had a bottle, he didn't want to nurse anymore. I guess it took too much effort to nurse. Grace was still nursing then and maybe I just didn't have enough milk for both of them. Grace actually continued to nurse for another six months after Josiah stopped. She was about two and a half before I finally weaned her. I think she would have nursed a long time if I would have let her.

Olaf goes back to work on Monday. No more being Queen for me. I will have to put this baby down at times I guess. I have held him for most of his life. Sometimes I will put him down at night to sleep, but usually I hold him then too.

No comments: