Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Good news, bad news

His level was down to 10.5 so they picked up the phototherapy bed. That made me happy. However, my little fella is not gaining weight. That scares me. I have never had a baby not gain weight before. I mean, my babies are usually a pound heavier than their birth weight at their one week check up. This child will be two weeks this Friday and still isn't at his birth weight. So, I did what any paranoid mother would do...I went to Babies R Us and bought this. I also decided to start supplementing with a few ounces of formula after I nurse him. Hopefully, he will gain some weight in the next few days and I can discontinue the formula. Those of you that know me, know I am a breast feeding nazi and supplementing with formula makes my heart sick. BUT...I want to do what is best for Simon and put my mind at ease as well. I will keep you updated. I know you will be on pins and needles to see what happens:)

We are going to Chuck E Cheese today to celebrate Grace's birthday. Olaf won't be able to take her actual birthday off, so we are going today. Then we will go to Toys R Us to let her pick out a birthday present. She is so hard to buy for we thought it may be better this way. I cannot believe she is going to be six. She is so adorable.

No comments: