Friday, March 17, 2006

It's late

I just finished watching the new version of Pride and Prejudice. It was good but not as good at the BBC version with Colin Firth. Noone can do Mr. Darcy like Colin. I ate way too much while watching and right now, I really don't care.

Tomorrow is opening day for Caleb's baseball. He is so excited about it. He will ride at CORRAL from 12:30 till 1:00 and then he has to be at his game by 2:00. We'll be pushing it, but I'm sure we'll make it.

Today Cami had her riding lesson. The horse she rides now is spooked by the silliest things. Today she was rounding some barrels and this dumb horse starts sidestepping as if he is a dressage horse or something. It turns out the horse is afraid of his own shadow. He would be fine heading in one direction, but as soon as he rounded the barrel and saw his shadow he would start the sidestep again. It was the oddest thing. This horse has an extra gait, much like dressage horses do, so it was quite fun to see him doing this fancy sidestep. Camille wasn't happy at all because she couldn't get him to obey her. To be quite honest, this horse scares me a bit. I hope my mothering instincts are wrong on this one, but I am thinking he will eventually buck Camille off. And all I can think of is Christopher Reeve.

Caleb was home from school today. It was a teacher work day. I am going to try that. Hey honey, I need a day off this week. Teacher work day. Can you take the children and leave for eight to ten hours? Except knowing me like I do, there would be no work accomplished. Maybe a nice hot bath and a cup of tea. Ahhh, lovely. Especially after watching Pride and Prejudice. As a matter of fact, this entire paragraph has a British accent in my head.

Feeling sick right now. I think it is the three donuts and half a bag of Fritos. Why oh why do I do this to myself?? Have a splendid weekend.

No comments: