Monday, March 06, 2006

I am going to be an Auntie today

Frances is being induced this morning. Hopefully today my new niece or nephew will arrive this side of earth. I will post a picture as soon as I get one from the proud Papa.

As I was getting my facial on Saturday morning, the skin care expert looked at my skin under a big huge mirror. She then asked me, "Would you like me to wax your eyebrows and your moustache?"

Me: Ummm, is it really that bad?

Her: Well, you can definitely see it and your eyebrows are very unkept.

Me: Well, I have a waxing kit at home. I'll do it later.

So today I waxed my moustache that I really didn't think you could see. OUCH! My eyebrows don't hurt anymore because I'm used to waxing them, but that upper lip hurt! And there is NO way you could pay me enough to do a "bikini wax." No. Way. I don't do bikinis anyway. The facial was nice though. I could see a difference in my skin when she was through. I got the "Calming Rosacea Facial" for sensitive skin.

We went to Callaway Gardens yesterday. I just love it down there. It is so relaxing a peaceful. So worth the $60 per year for the family season pass. Since we are considered a "local" family we get a break on the season pass prices. Just like you Floridians do on Disney. There are pictures on Flickr if you want to see them.

Today I have to take Caleb in for a psychological evaluation in order to keep his Medicaid waiver. I don't know how you do a psych eval on a non-verbal child, but it's required if the child has a diagnosis of "mentally retarded." So, I am jumping through all the hoops necessary; probably only to be denied Medicaid anyway. Olaf will be home from work super early so I can go get Caleb from school and be at the appointment at 1:00 pm.

My children are outside playing, but they come in about every 5 minutes for one reason or another. That drives me batty. First they need a towel to dry off the swings, then they need a broom to sweep off the trampoline, then they need a drink. All in the first 15 minutes of being outside! Remember when we were children? We HAD to play outside all day long. There was NO coming in unless you were bleeding. In the middle of that last sentence they came in again. Josiah wants to come in for good. You see what I mean? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE CHILDREN?

No comments: