Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Time to get back on the wagon

After a full month of eating any and everything, I am getting back on the bandwagon. I only gained about 2 pounds, but I continued to do the FIRM at least three days a week. I am committed to FIRMing 6 days a week and eating better. Grace's birthday cake is almost gone, so that will help tremendously! I was working out today when I heard a loud "thump" from my room. Josiah was on my bed watching Dora and obviously he rolled (or jumped) off. Our bed is fairly high off the ground too. As I raced in there he was laying on the floor unable to breathe. I think he got the wind knocked out of him. He calmed down relatively fast though and I don't see any bruises yet!:)

My friend, Karen, is still in the hospital. They are trying to find out what is going on. The family won't let me post any speculations that have been made by the doctors. They want a firm diagnosis before they announce it to anyone. I find that completely ludicrous, but I am not in their shoes. She has been up at Emory since Saturday and they still have not done a full body MRI. They were supposed to do that on MONDAY! In the meantime, her five children are being watched by a young woman from their church. The children are confused and miss their parents. Please pray for this family. I cannot imagine what they must be going through right now. The fact is the news will NOT be good about Karen unless the Lord heals her. Last night I had a dream (I fell asleep praying for Karen) that I had stomach cancer and was terminal. It was an awful dream. Then I awoke to remember Dana's post awhile back. We are ALL terminal, aren't we? I am not guaranteed today. Neither are you. Live like it!

FYI-The homeschool post below was not authored by me. I just thought it was funny.

I am trying to play catch up with the Believing God Study. I am still in week 5, but I love it! Love it! I highly recommend every woman reading this blog to do it! You watch videos online and print out your homework.

I need to shower. I stink. In my 100 Things About Me, it says I don't sweat. Well, I sweat now. Since I have lost weight and have been FIRMing, I sweat a lot! And I stink too. I'm not sure what happened, but my metabolism shifted or something...

Tomorrow is my crown build-up appointment with the dentist. Almost 2 hours in the dentist chair. FUN!

It's a gorgeous day today. My little man would rather watch Dora. The other three are all outside playing. I love that. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link on the bible study. I will definitely check that out. I have always liked Lifeway studies and materials.
How much weight have you lost?
Hope you have a GREAT day. Love, Suzanne :-)

Anonymous said...

Josiah is a smart boy! It was very hot. Does he try to say the Spanish words along with Dora? It's so funny when Ben does that.

I can't imagine what is going through Karen's children's heads. I am praying for everyone involved.

How cool would it be if you went and walked with Dana!