Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Happy Memorial Day--if there is such a thing when you think about the men and women that died for our country. Thank the Lord for their willingness to serve the United States of America.

This weekend has seemed long. That is rare in our home. Usually the weekends fly by. It will be a short week for Olaf as he is taking Friday off for his stress tests. Hopefully all will go well with that.

We have kind of been on a Ben & Jerry's kick lately. Blame it all on Cheri. I wouldn't normally buy Ben & Jerry's because they are SUCH commie libs that I HATE to support them. However, when she mentioned a flavor called Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, I relented. Oh my goodness! Is it heavenly. Since then we have tried, Everything but the..., Pistachio, Pistachio (YUM!), The Godfather, and Chunky Monkey. It's on sale at Kroger this week for $2.50. Do you know that they have about 19 grams of fat for 1/2 cup??? What the???? Who eats only 1/2 cup of that stuff? The entire container is 2 cups, so if you eat the whole thing (like me) then you get 56 grams of fat ALL AT ONCE! That is about twice as much as a Big Mac. Lawdy he'p me!

I tried to do one of my FIRM DVD's today. It started skipping toward the end. I called their customer service (Goodtimes) and told them about it and they are sending another out to me. That made me happy. It is a really tough cardio workout and I rarely do it. They only use three pound weights in it and focus ALL on cardio. I am sucking wind at the end.

I am totally PMS'ing this week. My hormones are crazy and I have about one nerve left in my entire body. I am trying to keep my flesh under control but it is even harder than normal when the hormones rage. My poor poor family:) Pray for them.

Have I ever said how dern cute my children are? They are all so cute! Grace cracks me up. I asked her recently what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said to me, "I want to be a pirate. ARRRGGHH!" Oh, it made me laugh. Out of all my children, only Grace would say that.

The children are SUPER excited about next MAY and Disney! The year is going to drag by for them. It will fly by for Olaf and I though.

Need to run. Josiah is hyperventilating. Olaf spanked him and he won't calm down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I have PMSing bad too lately. I am actually going to make an appt with my GYN and see if he can help me. I hope drugs isn't the only recourse, I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. Hope your day goes better today!!

Anonymous said...

What glitter and glamour! Lol, this whole national pride you guys feel from your country is so odd to me, I do wish we had a bit more of that here in Belgium, because Belgium is rather splendid. But people here are just not that joyous and not nationalistic and patriotic you know...

Kim said...

Aww, PMS is a drag, isn't it? I have what I call a "PMS Symptom of the Month." Some months I will be moody, some months very tired, some months my sciatic nerve bothers me, others I have aching legs. It's murder.

I'm reading a book about Premenopause right now and hoping to learn something of value.

Anonymous said...

Hello Misty, hope you feel better soon. I will be thinking of you and your hubby on Friday, I have been there. Take care and have a great rest of the day!

Molly said...

Hi! at the beach! Oh cute picture.