Friday, May 20, 2005

May 20th, 1985

Twenty years ago today, I graduated from high school. WOW! All I can say is I'm old. I was young for graduating though. I was only 17 and didn't turn 18 until November. I started college at age 17 and remember reading signs everywhere saying you couldn't be on campus unless you were eighteen without a parent. This August is my high school reunion. I am not sure if we will go. Actually, I'm 90% sure we won't go. Flying five hours to Oregon, and then driving another two to get to my hometown with four children is not an easy task. Not to mention the time change is awful on little ones and mentally challenged boys! My children go to bed at 8:00 pm. That is 5:00 pm in Oregon. Our dinner time is 5:00 pm. That is 2:00 pm in Oregon. Caleb gets up at 5:30 am. That is 2:30 am in Oregon. Get my drift?

I am getting a cold. Josiah is too. He woke up again very early and is being a complete grump. I think this may be the day we put him in Caleb's room. It is time.

Olaf's cardiologist appointment is this afternoon. It is just a consultation. There will not be any testing. Please pray for him. My friend, Karen, also gets the results from her liver biopsy today. Both of those appointments happen this afternoon (around 3 and 4 pm est) so pray, pray, pray!

Caleb is in school for just a half day today. I have tried to explain all week that this is the last week for school and for the bus. I don't think he understands. School starts in early August here in Georgia, so by the end of July he will probably be adjusting to the "no school" routine. Just in time for school to start again. His last baseball game is tomorrow. He will play again when school starts up. I think fall ball starts in late August or September. At least he has CORRAL until the end of June or July.

I added a weather icon in my sidebar. That is a cool website. You can actually add a three day forecast and other weather stuff too. Check it out.

My friend, Dana, is doing the three day breast cancer walk. I am trying to raise money to sponsor her. If you would like to make a purchase of Longaberger, let me know and ALL profit will go to sponsor Dana in her walk!

Everyone is awake and I need to make brek-est as my Gracie girl calls it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying!

Unknown said...

I love it when Grace says beak-est!
Love you!
Camille