Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dog Day Afternoon

My doggie is not doing well. Olaf is going to take her to the vet this afternoon. I am afraid it's something more than just arthritis. Amy Jo and Mari from WAH just had to put their doggies to sleep last week. It looks like I may be next. Ella is a beagle and the cutest, fattest dog you have ever seen. I will have to post a picture of her.

I must exercise today. I missed yesterday. I had to go to WalMart and that messed up the day. As soon as Camille is done watching Racing Stripes, I will get to it. I certainly have not been eating clean and I can blame it on Olaf. He brought home junk food galore a couple of nights ago. Fritos and Bean Dip, chips, Ben & Jerry's. What was that man thinking? That I have mastered the fruit of the Spirit? I wish I could say that all my sinful gluttonous eating behaviors were under control, but I still fail now and again. I am doing much better, praise God!

It's been hot here. Well, hot for me. Anything over 80 is hot. I really don't like hot. I'm a cold person myself. Not Alaska cold or anything. Just not hot. If it could be 72 degrees and sunny with a nice light breeze everyday...ahhh, heaven on earth!

I really wish Melissa was still cleaning my house twice a month. It was the only time that the floors were mopped, the bathrooms were cleaned, and the house was dusted, all at once. I cannot get all of that done in one day while homeschooling and fixing lunches and on and on... I know some of you who can get it all done and I totally admire you! I'm just not one of those people. Maybe I'm just slothful and need to take a better look at my priorities.

Laundry calls...

6 comments:

Charity said...

Misty, I don't personally know anyone who can do all those things. The only time I REALLY get a lot done all in one day is when I totally ignore my children!! And that doesn't happen very often. I think mothering takes precedence (I know I probably spelled that wrong!!) overe house cleaning any day, but that doesn't make it any easier to be in the mess. You're doing a great job, though. See you tonight at Bible study! Lurve you tons, Charity

Stephanie said...

Sorry about your puppy. :( Hope it's nothing serious. I wouldn't worry about the housework so much with 4 kiddos . . . I finally mopped my floor day and it's been on my to-do list for WEEKS!

blessedmama said...

hey hon. i'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :(
as for the cleaning - i have only 1 and a half kids - and i don't get it all done. ;)
as for the food - you had me giggling about the fruit of the spirit comment. what woman can honestly resist those yummy bad for you things if waved right in front of her face????
hugs!!

Cheri said...

Hey Sloth

You stink ;)

I'm sorry about Ella, I hope the vet can help her. Did you exercise yet? I totally admire your dedication and well really there should be a clause in the Fruit of the Spirit when it comes to Ben and Jerry's (I have Karamel Sutra in my freezer now)

Anonymous said...

Awww... I had a beagle once. They are so sweet!

Amy Jo said...

{{Misty}} I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. Love, Amy Jo