Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Olaf Jorek is my hero

My sweet husband surprised me and took yesterday off from work. We went out to lunch at Red Lobster. We cannot go out to eat with Caleb, so if we want to eat in a restaurant we need to do it while he is in school. Caleb's last day of school is this Friday, so Olaf took the day off for one last "hurrah." The weather was gorgeous. When we got home from lunch (and a little shopping) Olaf laid in the hammock while I read my new Homeschool Digest. (Cheri, I subbed you to this and their other publication, An Encouraging Word. It will start with the next issue) It was a lazy and relaxing day.

My friend, Karen, had her liver biopsy yesterday. She is supposed to get the results this Friday. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. She has 5 small children to take care of and she is in a lot of pain. I am praying for a complete healing.

My dog, Ella, isn't doing very well. She won't come up the two stairs into our house after I take her out to go potty. Picking up a 53 pound Beagle is no easy task! Her picture is below this post. I have no idea how to post small pics and then click on them to see them full size. Dana, wanna help me out on that?

I need to go. I just put Josiah in the corner and I need to speak with him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, i love when hubby does stuff like that. Makes my day!

Joyful Mother said...

Misty, you can do that with a bit of html - I could help you figure it out!

Anonymous said...

what a great hubby you have!