Sunday, May 08, 2005

This good day, it is a gift from You.

I love Fernando Ortega!:)

This morning I awoke to my children and husband singing "Happy Mother's Day to You" and to handmade cards from each of the children. Olaf took a digital picture of each of the children and printed it out. Then he taped it to a piece of cardstock and let the children decorate their own page. It was very cute. After church we went to Lowe's to look at patio furniture. I thought maybe I wanted that for Mother's Day this year. I soon learned that patio furniture is way too expensive to be a Mother's Day present. Olaf did wash, wax, and detail my van which is the best Mother's Day gift ever! After Lowe's we went to Target and I bought a pair of Capris that actually fit me (2 sizes smaller than I am used to wearing). Most everything I have is hanging off of me so it's nice to have a pair of pants that fit. I will not wear shorts, so capris are the closest things to shorts that these legs will ever see. I also bought a running bra that zips up the front and holds these girls in place! How exciting is that?!? We stopped by Publix and got a few things so Olaf could grill out this evening. I had a turkey burger. And a hot dog. And chips. And about 15 Hershey kisses! Not so good as far as the diet goes, eh? I did do a sculpting workout today on my transFIRMer. I really, really, really need to eat "clean" as they say on the FIRM bulletin boards. I am premenstrual and really craving chocolate right now. I bought the kisses thinking I could practice some self-control and still have a taste of chocolate, but alas, I cannot.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Camille has riding lessons then I have to drop her off at Molly's because she has a choir performance at Christian City. I cannot take her because of Caleb's bus schedule, so Molly's mom is going to take her for me. Her real performance will be May 16th at 7:00 pm. They are doing a program called "In God We Trust" and looks like a great program.

I need more chocolate. Yes, most definitely. More chocolate.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

May I recommend the peanut M&M's. Work wonders although a temporary fix - has to be repeated. :)

Glad you had such a good Mother's Day!

Gem said...

2 sizes smaller is a Mother's Day gift in itself!!! What's your secret?

blessedmama said...

glad you have a great mom's day! :D

i ADORE fernando ortega. i am sooo wanting him to come out with a lullaby album. :D i love his soothing voice.

i second steph's peanut m&ms recommendation. yummy!