Monday, September 18, 2006

Well, the weekend was fairly uneventful. That is good. We all went to Caleb's baseball game on Saturday and then I went grocery shopping on Sunday. Ah, I live quite the glamorous life, eh?

Today Camille had to write her spelling list (which is 30 words including vocabulary) ten times! Yes, it took her ten times to actually spell every word correctly. All she had to do was copy the spelling list onto a piece of paper. That's it. And it wasn't until the 10th time that they were all spelled correctly. Our favorite saying (stolen from Cheri) is "The lazy man and the hasty man does things twice." (Or ten times...) Granted, I can't spell half of those words correctly either...but I wasn't staring at the list copying it. Her words are all plurals this week:

attorneys at law
scissors
church goers
policemen
cupfuls
algae
cacti
data
oases
analyses
diagnoses
vertebrae
parentheses
theses
agenda
emphases
memorabilia
debris
1 and 2 Samuel
1 and 2 Kings

Vocabulary: (she has to define these and use in a sentence)
criteria
bacteria
media
phenomena
larvae
fungi
alumni
crises

Synonyms: (she also defines these)
hypotheses
guesses

On another note, Grace is doing superb in Kindergarten. I wish I had a scanner for the work she did today. She is the opposite of Camille and is meticulous about her work. I have to be very careful not to compare the two.

On a totally different note, I want one of these. We cannot afford it, but it sure would be nice. We have outgrown the minivan once this baby comes along. Grace and Josiah will still be in booster seats and the baby will have his carseat. They cannot all fit in the back row. Caleb and Camille are too big to go in the back row as well. Caleb now weighs 190 pounds! (Yes, I know...) and Camille is 5'1" and 130 pounds. They are adult sized children. I guess we will have to take 2 cars if we need to go anywhere as a family. Oh well...I should be grateful that we have two vehicles instead of complaining that I want a bigger one.

Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am in. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity;in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Phil 4:11-13

No comments: