Monday, September 25, 2006

Somedays...

I want to hide in my bedroom. Today would be one of those days. I think being pregnant is kind of magnifying my emotions anyway, but add another round of spelling list fiascos and I am ready to go back to bed for a week. Camille is such a sweet, precious girl. She really is. But she has no internal drive...at all...to do things well. If her spelling list is partially legible and mostly spelled correctly, she is fine with that. She is not a perfectionist. She could care less that her printing is really pathetic. She just doesn't care. She wants to get her list DONE. That's it. Finish it. Who cares what it looks like or even if she misspelled words. If she were in public school a "C" would be fine with her. This drives her perfectionist mother CRAZY!

On the other hand, this child is so sweet and innocent. She plays with her siblings a lot without complaint. She never backtalks, never gives us an "attitude", obeys immediately. She is a dream child to raise. She is thrilled that we are having another baby even though she knows her workload is going to increase. She is caring and giving and loving. I need to walk that fine line between "school" and "what matters most." Her heart is more important than her spelling list and I need to keep that in mind when I have days like today.

We are now on Season 2 of Lost. I have watched the first 8 episodes. I really don't think I will be able to finish season 2 before season 3 starts next week. I still think the acting is less than good, but the story lines keep me watching. I especially like Hugo (Hurley) and love the episodes that focus on him. He makes me laugh. Jack looks like Olaf to me. Some expressions that Locke makes look just like our friend, Terry Pitts. And of course, I look just like Kate. Hee hee.

Pregnancy is going fine. No symptoms still. I mean, my girls are tender...but that is all. I think my belly is bigger but its hard to tell with all this fat. No nausea or anything. I think I am the luckiest pregnant woman on the face of the planet. I'm not even tired. I cannot wait until the baby starts moving though. That is my favorite.

Alrighty then... time for me to sign off. I'm going to go add one of my signatures. It's been awhile since I did that...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: