Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

I hope everyone is having a blessed day. We started it out with the children finding their baskets this morning. Then we hid about 60 plastic eggs in the front yard for the children to find. Needless to say, my children have eaten so much chocolate that I am surprised they aren't throwing up. We all sat down to watch the Donut Man's Ressurection Celebration (thinking that would be good for the little ones) when Grace decided she needed to wash her hands. I called her back to the living room because she was missing the whole point of the story when she promptly told me "I don't care." Well, if you don't care about the real reason for Easter then obviously you don't care about Easter at all. And if that is true, then you just lost your Easter Basket and everything inside of it. Olaf took her to the bedroom and explained how awful that attitude was and asked her to pray and tell the Lord she was sorry. She refused. I took her Easter Basket away. She cried and still refused to pray. I say predestination, Olaf says not! LOL! She finally did pray when I went in and told her to, which really negates the prayer altogether. Why didn't these children come with a step by step manual?

I just ate a egg salad sandwich for lunch. I have no idea how many Weight Watchers points that is and I really don't want to. It had a TON of mayo on it. I really need to be good the rest of the day. I mean...really, really good. For supper tonight we are grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. I will eat the 97% fat free Hebrew National Hot Dogs for one point each. They are actually quite good. The bun is 2 points each though. So for 6 points I can have two hot dogs.

Have a great Easter everyone. The Lord has risen!

No comments: