Monday, October 24, 2005

I get so sidetracked

OK, I am writing this with a dirty diaper beside me (wet, not poo). Why you may ask yourself? Well, I just made the bed and grabbed the pee pee diaper that I had just changed off the nightstand. As I was going to the garbage can in the kitchen I had to pass the computer. I stopped to see if I had any e-mail (ah, the blessing of cable modems) and then clicked on my blogline feeds. I then decided that it had been too long since my last entry and my fans (HA HA) would definitely want to know about dirty diapers, so I logged into blog. My day is usually like that. I wander from task to task not knowing exactly how I got there. However, "school" is done and the children are outside playing in the nice COLD weather. LOVE IT! Grace is doing well with phonics. She read the sentence "Sam met Tom" today. Pretty good for four years old. Granted she still cannot sing her ABC's correctly, but the letters she does know, she knows the sounds for. I think she'll be reading pretty good by Kindergarten. I skipped the "Learn How to Write a Report" section of Language Arts today for Camille. I am so not in the mood for report writing. We are delving into grammar instead. Writing a report means I have to take all three children to the library so I can teach her how to use an encyclopedia and all that jazz. I know, I know, I could do it online. But there is something about doing "real" research at the library that just cannot be dismissed. We'll pick it up next quarter. Maybe we'll do a report on Walt Disney closer to May when we will actually be going there. She'll love that.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday. Of course, I used my coupons and did pretty good. I think my total coupon savings was about $60. I love having food in the house. Praise God that we have more than enough. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

My sister-in-law is now 21 weeks pregnant. Fun! I'm trying not to be jealous. I'd love another baby. Alas, my 38th birthday is approaching and I am not sure of the Lord will bless us again. I mean, I know that 38 isn't OLD or anything, but conception has never been easy for us:)

Off to put this diaper in the garbage. I'll probably stop again before I get there though.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Did you ever make it to the garbage? :o)

Anonymous said...

it is simply eerie how alike we are!

Anonymous said...

hello! My name is Ali, and I am a homeschool mom too! reading your blog, was like reading about a day at my house! That was great! I get sidetracked all of the time, and usually have a pee diaper laying somewhere, just waiting to get taken out to the garbage. feel free to check out my blog sometime! I'd love to get to know you more.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/aligirl

God Bless!
Ali