Saturday, October 08, 2005

Busy Saturday

Usually we do NOTHING on the weekends. I mean nothing productive. We always spend time together as a family, but rarely do we "work." Because of our philosophy our house is a disorganized wreck!:) Well, this morning as I was getting Caleb dressed, I realized just how BAD Caleb's bed was. He was sleeping on TWO boxsprings and one mattress with no frame. Can you say trailer park? (No offense to trailer park people) The bed had a nice dip in the middle and the entire thing was sagging like a sway back horse. Funny thing is, we have a fairly new queen size mattress AND headboard/frame in the basement. After much cleaning and clearing we brought up the new bed for Caleb. We are going to see if Josiah will sleep with him. I'm a bit worried about Caleb rolling on him though. Caleb weighs about 155 lbs and Josiah weighs in at 34 pounds. No fair match up there. I also cleaned the bird cage out which is always fun. Olaf has visions of a bird aviary which he has bought ALL the supplies for. He has even started it I think. But building things and Olaf shouldn't be used in the same sentence unless someone is helping him. (Remember the porch?) Now it is 7:00 pm and the children will be in bed in an hour.

Do you know I am going to meet Cheri next week? I am beside myself with excitement. And just FYI, it's not Sherry, it's Shu-ree. I know I am going to call her Sherry. I am hoping that Cheri, Charity and I can all go out for lunch. Maybe Holly can make it too. I'd link her blog, but I don't know it. I always lose the password to get in so I stopped reading it. Speaking of passwords, I need to go read Rebekah. (Don't mind me. I'm just typing out loud here.)

I am feeling better today. I am grateful the upset tummy has mostly passed. No more running to the toilet. That's a good thing.

4 comments:

Charity said...

I love being a link!! Sounds like you got much more done today than I did...but we just got back from the park and out to eat and icecream...all a la Nathan. I am so happy now that he's on winter hours! So glad you are feeling better!! TTYL

Anonymous said...

You can save passwords on your computer ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the get-together!!! Maybe next time I can make the drive... :)

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to new bloggers! I am glad you are feeling better! I hope you had a blessed weekend! Now I'm not feeling well today. It's hard when you have 5 children to manage. But I cheat with the 14 year old girl...she is a BIG help!