Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Humor me

Will EVERYONE who reads this post do me a big huge favor? Will you go here to put a pin in my map?? It's really easy. Puh-Leeze!

Yesterday we did something new. For the first time since the children have been born, we carved a pumpkin. We do not celebrate Halloween so we have never carved a jack-o-lantern before. Well, there is a pumpkin decorating contest on the court square this afternoon and Camille really wanted to enter it, so we caved. This is our entry.



It looks beautiful with the candle glowing inside. When Olaf was cleaning the pumpkin out he talked about all the gook in our lives but when we ask Jesus to be our Savior that he cleans all that gook out, just like Olaf was cleaning out the pumpkin gook. And when he put the candle in he said that was the Holy Spirit living inside of us shining His light out through us. Pretty cool. I seriously doubt we will win though. What do you think?

OK, I need (and I mean NEED) to clean the bathrooms right now.

4 comments:

AGK said...

It's wonderful! I hope you win :)

Charity said...

wow, that pumpkin looks awesome!!! I hope you do win, and how great of Olaf to make it an object lesson. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifull!!! And how great to make it a lesson as well. Your kids are so blessed to have you two as their parents.

Anonymous said...

Tell Olaf thanks for my object lesson! I am going to do that on Sunday!!