Monday, November 06, 2006

Shameless begging...

...will get you everything! I received THREE birthday cards in the mail today. THREE! All in one day. The first one is from my best friend from middle/high school. She sent me a Napoleon Dynamite card. YESSSSS! She also sent me a DVD of my birth year; 1967. Thank you so much for thinking of me Tammy. Then I got another card from my sister and, get this...my father-in-law. He is still thinking of the children I guess. If you haven't sent one, you still have time. My birthday is Thursday. ::giggles::

The children and I went to Uncle Bob's Pumpkin Patch today. We took a hayride, watched a woman spin rabbit angora into mohair (right off a live rabbit on her lap), learned about bats and bees, petted all the farm animals, plus much more. It was fun. I need to download the pictures tonight.

I made a fabulous supper tonight, but it was time consuming. It is a cheesy chicken spaghetti. Grace and Camille liked it. Josiah wasn't so sure because it didn't "look good." He did take about 5 bites which is his normal dinner. The boy just eats to live. He is my skinny child. My only skinny child.

Oh, guess what my birthday cake is going to be? Lemon Cream Cake from Olive Garden. DEEELISH! I am so excited about that.

Olaf is buying a 15 passenger Chevy Express this weekend in Alabama. It is a 2006 model with 11,000 miles on it so it still has a factory warranty. Now just pray that we can sell our minivan. We have a 2001 Mazda MPV with about 78K miles on it. It is a terrific van though. Super clean, super reliable, nice shape. I told Olaf that we don't need a 15 passenger van. Especially right now. But when Olaf has something in his head that he wants to do, he does it. Since I don't take care of the finances (at all) I really don't care. I know we cannot afford it, but I am burying my head in the sand because I don't want to know. I just really don't.

On that happy note, I'm signing off.

No comments: