Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Skeptical by nature


That's me...always the skeptic. The cynical one. So when I read on NUMEROUS cloth diapering forums that Charlie's Soap is simply the best detergent ever and it only takes one tablespoon per load, I was very, very skeptical. I mean, ONE tablespoon per large load of clothes?? C'mon. Now for those of you who do not know, I love doing laundry. I mean, I love, love, love it. I am the laundry Nazi. I currently have five open containers of detergent that I use (Tide powder, All Free and Clear, Dreft, MelaPower, and Charlie's), two fabric softeners (Costco brand and Snuggle. I usually have Downy but I recently ran out.), two boxes of dryer sheets (Bounce with Febreeze and Bounce Pure Essentials) not to mention the Spray and Wash, Clorox, baking soda and vinegar. The Charlie's soap says to not use any fabric softener with the detergent. Oh, put a spear through my soul! So, last night I put Simon's dirty diapers in the washing machine, put in one tablespoon of Charlie's and they not only were clean, they smelled clean. No fragrances are in the detergent but somehow when they come out of the dryer they smell CLEAN! It is so weird. OK, so today I put in a large load of colors. I have a front loader so a large load is a LARGE load. Again, one tablespoon. No softeners, no fabric sheets. FABULOUS! I get absolutely nothing for this glowing report, but when I like something I just want to share. Especially to those of you that use cloth diapers. Oh, and the best part? If you order on their website they ship it for FREE! Yes, for free my friends.

No comments: