Friday, August 11, 2006

Mothering

We have all heard it. Being a mother is the hardest job on the face of the planet. I totally agree. We have been given real life human souls to mold, shape, educate, and train. Being a mother should make us grow up. Become less selfish. Before children I didn't like to share my food. Yes, it's true. Now I don't get to eat anything without little people taking a bite of whatever I have. I used to enjoy some adult conversation during the day, run to the grocery store whenever I needed to, and use the bathroom without someone pounding on the door. But you know what? I would never go back to "before children." I find some of my fulfillment in them. I enjoy watching them grow. Both spiritually and physically. I cannot wait to see them as adults and hold my grandchildren. I believe my time being a homemaker is the BEST thing I can do for my children. That is why this article makes me so sad. Written by a narcissistic woman who doesn't want to be bothered by her children. Why in the heck did she have them anyway??

No comments: