Friday, September 09, 2005

Why do I feel like I have been busy?

All week it just seems like I have been running around and getting nothing accomplished. Olaf had Monday off because of Labor Day. He spent the entire day painting our bathroom. No it isn't that big, but painting for Olaf is a lot more than just painting. We took the van in for maintenance on Tuesday because the check engine light was on. Picked it up on Wednesday to the tune of $300. Thursday my dishwasher decides to stop working. Olaf is installing a new one as I write this. He stopped by Sears today and got this for $300 on clearance. So, in two days we spent $600! Olaf leaves on Monday for Germany. He will be back Friday afternoon. I think I am going to have a tough time with Caleb. Caleb simply adores Olaf and I am not sure if he is going to understand why Papa isn't home. Please pray for us next week. I also agreed to do a Stampin' Up workshop for my next door neighbor. I haven't done a workshop for 4.5 years. The only reason I am doing it is to maybe find some new customers that will place minimum orders to help me stay active. I already told the hostess I do NOT want to book any workshops or do anymore workshops for her. I will gladly give their business to another local demonstrator. Maybe I should just back out altogether. Right now it is scheduled for Tuesday the 27th.

I think I may be starting to get something bronchial. It's weird. My voice is a bit raspy and my chest is a tad tight, but that's it. No sore throat, no major cough (just one here and there to clear my vocal chords), no congestion. I am taking this to try and boost my immune system. It's tasty. Raspberry is my favorite by far. My zinc is expired but I may take that as well. Did I mention I am tired? I am reading (because Charity made me) the book "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin. Today I read this:

Sleep may very well be the single most important ingredient for digestive health. And it is important to get enough sleep at the right time. Some researchers believe that every minute you sleep before midnight is the equivalent of four minutes of sleep after midnight.

If that is true, I am in trouble. We are never asleep prior to 11:30 pm. Olaf is up at 5:00 am and I follow at 6:00 am. Maybe we just need to get more sleep!:) Actually, the book is quite interesting thus far. I am currently in chapter three which is all about the importance of the GI Tract. Since I have GI issues, I have really loved reading all this science behind our bodies. I did not know that our gut produces serotonin just like our brains do. I also didn't realize that our gut is actually like a second brain. It's called the enteric nervous system. It can act independently from our other brain. It literally learns from experiences, remembers past actions and events, and produces an entire range of "gut feelings" that can influence your actions. You know, like "butterflies" in your stomach. I know whenever I have a worried thought, I immediately have to poop. If I'm nervous about something...poop. I would totally suck as an Emergency Room doctor.

You have to go look at my friend Cheri's baby girl, Anna Elizabeth. Isn't that picture precious? Cheri is such a fashion freak that child will have a Vera Bradley pocketbook when she's two!

OK, off to read my book. Thank you Charity for always bringing it up. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

::giggles:: are you getting my baby girl a second birthday gift? :D I can't help it that folks send me pretty clothes. I read What the Bible Says About Healthy Living several years ago...that too is a very interesting read. And I've heard that about the sleep pre midnight. I need to get back into a early to bed, early to rise mentality...obviously that isn't starting tonight. LOL

Anonymous said...

Van repair stinks. My air condition just quit getting cold. This is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened. I will never buy another Kia.

Charity said...

I love being a good influence on you! hehehe Glad you're enjoying the book. And the sleep pre-midnight...um, I had a fabulific iced coffee drink at about 10, and yeah, it's after 2 and I'm wide awake, guess I'm not doing good on that one today. Call me about when we can get together! Love you....muah!!

Gem said...

That's really interesting about the 'gut reaction' thing. A fellow actor and I used to always get a big laugh b/c we both would get super gassy just before curtain. We each had to go find an unused corner to go toot in right before we went onstage!!!