Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I thought I'd fall apart

but actually I am doing quite well without Olaf. Caleb and Camille miss him the most. The littles two are fine. Josiah hasn't asked for him once. Grace just says she misses him after Camille says it:) Caleb has only asked a handful of times, so that is a blessing! I thought this would be much worse and I am so grateful things have gone smoothley.

Olaf spent some time with his cousins tonight in Hamburg. They took him out to eat at an Italian restaurant! Go figure! He wants GERMAN food when he's in GERMANY! Anyway, when I called the hotel at 9:45 pm (German time) he still wasn't in. Did you know there is NO air conditioning in the hotel room where he is staying? It is a Courtyard by Marriott and NO AIR! I am SO sorry, but this chick is NOT leaving the USA. Call me spoiled, called me arrogant, call me what you will, but I will not pay $150 per night for a hotel with NO AIR! No way! On top of that, it's a SMOKING room. Blech! I KNOW he is so happy I am not there with him. I would be so miserable and crying to go home. A smokey, hot, stuffy, by-the-airport-so-you-hear the-planes, hotel. Shoot me now.

I was watching a local TV show last night (you know, on the local cable channel) and I won 2 of his T-shirts! He asked a trivia question and I got it right. The question, what was Forrest Gump doing in all the still photo shots during the movie? You can google it and get the answer!:)

I'll update again sometime on Saturday. I am walking Saturday morning with Misty. We need to get in at least 15 miles. 17 would be better. I haven't walked at all the past two weeks... The weather has been so pretty the last few weeks. I sure hope it will be like this for the walk.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Glad it hasn't been too bad without Olaf. Sorry it didn't work out for you to come over today. Have a great night!!

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the a/c - I stayed in a Croatian hotel for 2 weeks on a mission trip and there was no air, over 100 degrees. The only way to really cool off was to take a shower (I won't describe the shower!) and then lay down wet and let the small fan blow on you. What a trip! :-)

Gem said...

I tried and couldn't find out. What was he doing?!