Friday, September 23, 2005

The Sound of Silence

Olaf took all four children with him to get Chinese food! Something about that bewitching hour of 5:00 pm. My nerves get unsettled, the children seem exceptionally loud, the dog pukes on the floor, the dryer buzzes...you get the idea. Here I sit in complete silence and it is refreshing:)

Tomorrow is my last training walk! We are only supposed to do 9 miles which is cake. I am SO happy that this walk is almost over with. I have been training and training and spending more money than I should. It's amazing all the "stuff" you need to buy to just DO this walk! Karen is going to try to make it to closing ceremonies, so that will be a huge blessing for me to see her at the finish line. I am so happy to say the she is doing fantastic! She is feeling really good and the Lord is really doing something miraculous in her life.

I went to Bible Study last night. We are reading Home-Making by J.R. Miller. It was written 130 years ago. I love old books! I love the vernacular that is used in that time period. Anyway, the book is really good so far. I am looking forward to it. We just started it and already it has been a blessing. I missed Suzanne last night though. She wasn't able to make it and I miss her when she's gone. Charity is there to keep me in line. Girlfriend doesn't cut me no slack! Robin too... She loves to poke fun at me.

Have I ever told you that my sister in law looks a lot like Amy Fisher? She is absolutely beautiful but since they are both from New York, and they both have that accent, I cannot help but think of of Amy whenever I see Frances. I wish I had a picture of Frances to post, but I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, my supper has arrived. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of you for doing that walk Misty!

And sounds like a cool book you guys are reading :)

Cheri said...

Yummmmmmm Chinese. Dynasty? (isn't that the one up by where Kroger is) I totally get that 4-6 is my hardest time too and only two weeks till hubby gets home WOOOOOOOOOOOOT. I'm going to Target BY MYSELF. ROTFLOL Love you, missed you at the slumber party (I was only there till midnight)