Thursday, September 15, 2005

Survivor

OK, OK...ya'll know I'm a loser and watch Survivor every season. Well, Guatemala looks like it's going to be tough. Stephanie is back and so is Bobby Jon. That was a surprise. I really like Stephanie. I hope she wins this time. She won't though.

Olaf is coming home tomorrow. That is exciting news. Well, he's coming home provided Delta is STILL flying that route tomorrow. LOL! I laugh because I don't want to cry. I don't think the bankruptcy will affect us too much right now, but who knows what the future holds. I am certain that we will have another pay cut and more layoffs. I just hope that Olaf's seniority date is good enough to keep a job. It's hard on guys like Olaf. They are trained to work on aircraft. I mean, there isn't a lot he can do besides that. Now that he's a foreman, that looks great on a resume...but no one is going to hire a middle manager without a college degree! I am not worrying though. The LORD is in control and as long as my family is together, then we can weather any financial storm that we may have to go through. Besides I have a rich friend in Oregon who sells real estate. Maybe she can bail us out!;)

Oh, we actually used ALL of our cell minutes up this month and dipped into our rollover minutes. That was a surprise. Have said how much I love Cingular? Well, I do! That is by far the BEST cellular company out there. It is the only company that gets a signal in my house. FOUR bars! Can you hear me now Verizon? No bar Verizon!! Well, I do have to admit...the newer Verizon phones do get a signal in my house now, but not at the same strength as Cingular.

I am looking forward to the German chocolate but not weighing in on Monday at Weight Watchers. I think I have gained back the 3 pounds I lost. Where is my motivation? Has anyone seen it? I know it left me for another. I think Cheri stole it. I really do! She steals everything.

OK y'all, I am going to bed! This girl is plum tuckered and there ain't no sleeping in for me this weekend either. I must walk, walk, walk...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh! we only get cingular at our house too!!!

Yeah, I'd love for stephanie to win but you're right, she won't.

Charity said...

Too funny, yeah Verizon screwed up big time, I hate them! Yay for Olaf coming home today!! I'm praying he has safe and quick flights home with no delays!! You have such a good attitude about the whole Delta thing, you're right, it does no good worrying, God is in control. See you soon

Gem said...

What does he do? Maybe he can come to Detroit and do scab work for Northwest, lol!