Sunday, September 05, 2004

Hello!

I am starting this blog to document our homeschool journey. It is mostly for my benefit, so I can look back and see what the Lord has done. Homeschooling is not easy for me, but I know it is the best thing for our family. Right now I only homeschool my lovely daughter Camille who is in the third grade. Her personality is the opposite of mine. Her learning style is the opposite of mine. Her temperament is the opposite of mine. You get the idea. She is the sweetest child, very obedient, never gives me problems...and yet, we still have our days! I will also be posting about our everyday life and the ins and outs of having four children, one of which is mentally challenged. Our oldest child, Caleb, is 9 years old and mentally retarded. He has very little speech due to apraxia, but he can understand a lot. He operates at the level of a four year old. He cannot write his name or even copy it, but he tries to count and say his alphabet. He is hyperactive which makes life crazy sometimes. Caleb was adopted at birth and is exactly six months older than Camille. We send Caleb to public school where he can receive all the therapies that he needs. So far we have been blessed with good teachers. If there ever comes a time when I question what is happening in school, I will homeschool him as well. We also have a three year old daughter, Grace. She is SO cute. Then we have Josiah who will be two the day after Christmas. So, we are a busy family. I am looking forward to posting and seeing how the Lord is leading me. To share my prayer and praise reports! Oh, and I also started Weight Watchers two weeks ago, so I'm sure I will be sharing all of that as well. I need to lose 50 pounds! YIKES! I wish I could blame it on the babies, but I can't!

No comments: