Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Day After Labor Day

Yesterday was Labor Day and my husband was home from work. We spent part of the day without electricity due to hurricane Frances. The worst of Frances should be here this evening, so we are praying that our electricity stays on. They closed the schools down today because the rain was so heavy this morning they didn't want to transport the children. Caleb was bummed. He loves to ride the bus.

I did do school this morning with Camille. Just the basics...reading, writing and arithmetic. We learned about commas today and she did 2 digit division. She copied her spelling list and that was about it for "school." I still need to read out loud to her. We have several books that we are reading out loud right now. We are almost finished with "Misty." We are half way through "Little Women." We just started "Little House on the Prairie." She read the first book "Little House in the Big Woods" by herself. She loves it when I read out loud to her.

Josiah still has a stuffy nose. Gracie woke up this morning and said her nose was "tuffy" too! I am praying this doesn't turn into an ear infection.

Ella is at the vet. She wasn't acting right this morning. They drew blood and did an urinalysis. The results will be in tomorrow, but preliminary tests says she has a urinary tract infection. Poor FAT dog. She is so sweet though. I'll miss her when she's gone.

I think I am down another 1.5 pounds from last week. There was no weigh in yesterday due to Labor Day. We'll see next Monday when I go. I'm doing well today. I need to drink more water though. I'm still not used to feeling "hungry." I am such a glutton that this feeling is new to me. I think of the scripture that says not to let anything master you. It gives me great pleasure telling my body NO! A fruit of the Holy Spirit is self control and I am FINALLY using some. I want to feast on God's Word whenever I feel hungry. Wouldn't it be awesome to hunger after the Lord like I have hungered after food??? To go digging into His Word like I dig in the cupboards?

Signing off...I have digging to do!


No comments: