Saturday, December 31, 2011

Post Op-Day 1

I guess this is my first day post-op! I am doing remarkably well today and still waiting for that horrific pain to set in that everyone assures me will come. I am still taking Lortab every four hours. Today I added in my antibiotic, Keflex, which I had an allergic reaction to. So they called in Amoxicillan, and guess what? My face got hot, red, and puffy. Tomorrow is New Year's Day and they will call in a Z-Pack to Walgreens as my Publix pharmacy is not open. I am now taking 50 mg of Benedryl every six hours and 20 mg of Prednisone per day for four days to fight the allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Fun! Other than that little set back, all is good. I have eaten lots of that rice casserole, Italian Ice, Popsicles, Gellato, and pudding. I am drinking ice water still. Anything cold is still preferable to anything warm at this point. I also ate a scrambled egg this morning, but I didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't hard to eat though. So things that I did today:

  • eat, eat, and drink.
  • wore my neck ice pack about three times today
  • took Lortab every four hours like clockwork
  • watched Netflix and stayed in bed

Hopefully, tomorrow night's update will be as good as this one. Those online forums are telling me the ball WILL drop (hey, tonight's New Years Eve and the ball really will drop!) and I AM going to have a lot of pain. I'm just waiting for it.

No comments: