I had my surgery this morning about 10 am. I think I left the outpatient surgery center around noon. Dr. Heindel did find a constriction in my esophagus, right behind my voice box, due to acid reflux. He "stretched it" (however you do that) and told me I must take Zantac twice a day regularly in order to keep it open. So, now I have my very first "needed" medicine. I have never taken an Rx before because I "had" to. That is weird for me. Anyway, I felt pretty good today. As the day wears on, my pain is increasing. I know that day three and beyond will be a lot worse than I am right now. So my stats today look like this:
- I am eating and drinking a lot. I have eaten 6 snack pack puddings, 4 Italian Ice, 2 bowls of a rice casserole a friend brought over for dinner, one slice of homemade pound cake, half a milkshake from Chick-Fil-A, and lots of water. Cold drinks feel much better than warm things. I am also chewing ice which feels really good when I swallow.
- I have been sitting in bed and letting everyone wait on me hand and foot. I think rest is probably essential to healing.
- I have used an ice pack on my neck a few times. It feels good and I think it might be helping with swelling.
- I am taking my Lortab every 4 hours without fail. I watch the clock the last hour, because I really want to take it. The pain is not unbearable, but it sits at a 7 or so. It goes down to a 3 or 4 with Lortab for a few hours.
- There is a cool mist humidifier running non-stop in my bedroom where I am holed up. I love it.
- My tonsils are already beginning to scab. I can feel it. I know the pain will get a lot worse before it gets better.
This is me right now! Pretty.