Saturday, September 03, 2011

TIA is more than just aunt in Spanish

Yesterday, it seems I had a mini stroke. More specifically, a Transient Ischemic Attack. I woke up feeling weird and had some tachycardia. It was very hard for me to think and it seemed like it took forever to find the right word I wanted to say. When I tried to say something to Cami and it came out as babble, I knew something was wrong. I called 911, then hung up! They called me back and convinced me that a paramedic should respond. They ended up transporting me to Newnan Hospital and did a CT of my head to make sure I didn't have major bleeding in my brain. The doctor wants me to follow up with an MRI which is already scheduled for this Thursday. If all is well in my head, then I get to have a tonsillectomy on September 26th. I might chicken out since it isn't a life or death operation, but Dr. Heindel wants to look down there regardless. I'll still have to go under anesthesia and those big ass tonsils may as well come out since they are causing me trouble. I am just afraid of the recovery. Poor Olaf, who is still in constant pain, now gets to handle me and my health issues. Poor guy can't catch a break.

No comments: