Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 3 of my juice fast

I am feeling fine. I want to eat, but I am not really hungry. Olaf started yesterday and had an awful day. He was so tired and felt like poo. He is feeling a little better today. My mornings consist of a concoction of fruit juice and then I drink mostly vegetable juice mixed with some fruit for the rest of the day. My favorite "green" recipe thus far is:

A couple of handfuls of spinach
2 romaine leaves
1 or 2 celery stalks
1 large carrot (or 2 regular size)
thumb nail size of ginger
half of a zucchini
one small green apple
one pear

I tried beets in my juice and about barfed. I am NOT a beet person. Olaf made a spicy juice that I couldn't tolerate either. Mostly because it had a beet in it. The jalepeno didn't bother me too much. Tonight we are going to try a tomato juice and heat it up. It has tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, red bell peppers, and 1/4 of a red onion. We will juice it and then heat it up to see if it tastes like soup. :0)

Maybe next time I'll vlog!

No comments: