Thursday, January 22, 2009

Olaf Update

Olaf finished his medicine for his mouth a few days ago, and now his mouth sores are coming back.  He was on a strong antiviral, a very strong antibiotic, and a steroid for 14 days!  He goes back to the doctor on Monday, however his mouth and throat will be covered by that time.  My guess is that the doctor will want to biopsy the sores and perhaps do more invasive tests to look for leukemia and other cancers such as a bone marrow biopsy.  I'll keep you posted.

Tomorrow is our 21st wedding anniversary.  Camille is going to watch the children for a few hours so we can go out to lunch or perhaps go see a movie.  I want to see Slumdog Millionaire since I have heard so many great things about it.  I hope Simon doesn't poop.  She doesn't like to change poopy diapers:)  The temperature is supposed to be 63 degrees tomorrow which reminds me of the day we got married in Hesperia, CA.  I think it was in the low 70's that day.  It was a sunny, gorgeous day and I remember being nervous as I walked down the dormitory stairs with my 2 girlfriends.  I remember thinking (or maybe even saying out loud) I am about to get married!  That is crazy!  To be honest, I never expected to be married for life.  Neither did Olaf.  We were kids and we thought since we were dating, we might as well get married and get some extra money from the government.  The military pays you extra to live off base and you get a supplement for food as well.  So, hey...  Why not get married?  Who knew that twenty one years later we would actually love each other more than the day we got married?  Not me.  


No comments: